Friday, January 19, 2007

How much have you lost from procrastination?

One of the Editors at Judy's book asked this question and I had to respond!

Oh baby, thanks for asking a really juicy question. This is one I am addressing daily!

I could recommend a whole library of books I have read on this subject, putting 1/2 of 1 % of what I have learned into practice! That will give you a hint about my style of procrastination.

Let me just give you a quote from a lovely little flip book written by Ruth Hayes, called the "flip book of the DEAD." BTW, in case you're not familiar with the term, a flip book is a primitive form of animation, where you flip the page ends to view a changing scene. I'm sure you've seen them:

"O procrastinating one, who thinketh not
of the coming of death,
Devoting thyself to the useless doings of this life,
Improvident art thou in dissipating
thy great opportunity;
Mistaken, indeed, will thy purpose be now
if thou returnest emptyhanded from this life. . .
Wilt thou not be acting even as a traitor to thyself?"

No comments: