Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Jupiter in Cancer

I successfully completed a day long focus group on Monday. One of the fun things about these groups is that you often get paid in cash. So nice to see these two crisp Benjamins at the end of a long day. It really was a full day where we worked hard. We signed confidentiality agreements so I can't tell you too much. But if you are interested in doing this kind of work, you might use the phrase "mock trial" in your Google search.

If you are curious, the wonderful sculpture was done by my late friend, Gary Fey. Those of you that knew him will recognize him in his street performer/clown persona.

In about an hour I have another group scheduled. This one is online, 1/2 hours work and I get a $30 Amazon gift card. If you gotta work for other people, at least it is decent pay, right?

Of course I prefer to be self employed. Since I have retired, I want to develop my new career as an author and public speaker. I also am going to play around with poetry and performance at some open mics to see where that leads. I did discover a great open mic in my 'hood, at Beans and Leaves, a cool coffee house in Long Grove.

When I was born, Jupiter was in Cancer. Jupiter, the planet of abundance, has returned to Cancer and I am getting showered with abundance from all sides. Cancer is the sign of the home. Its rising in my first house which governs your appearance. Unfortunately I have also gotten very fat which you could say is another manifestation of this passage. But I'm working on correcting that!

I put up a gofundme page recently and I already have my first donor so I am excited about that: http://www.gofundme.com/3quo14

One of the principles of prosperity is you have to ASK for what you want. So overcome your pride and do so yourself. The thing is, like with this gofundme project, its win/win/win. I get helped to do work which benefits and is of service to others. Those who contribute get all the warm fuzzies that come from supporting worthy causes and underdogs. So everyone wins!

No comments: