Friday, December 20, 2013

Morning Beverage

One of the most healthful and useful habits I have added this year is a morning beverage; either lemonade or ACV mix. They are both inspired by the ancient practice of Ayurveda.

The lemonade is my preferred mix. I just take a big glass of spring water and squeeze a half a lemon into it, including the pulp. Then I sweeten with a dropper full of liquid Organic Stevia. It is fast and easy to prepare and is delicious first thing in the morning, or as a drink for the day.

The alternative is the Apple Cider Vinegar mix. This is surprisingly pleasant tasting if your thought is otherwise :) Of course it too is sweetened with Stevia. I use the Bragg unpasteurized ACV which has all the beneficial enzyme activity, just a tablespoon in a glass of water. You could use double that if you can handle the taste, but I settled on a single tablespoon. Then sweeten with a dropper of Stevia.

The beneficial effects of either of these morning drinks is well documented. You can do further research on the subject if you need to convince yourself of that. They both help to alkalize the body through some mysterious chemistry that I don't pretend to understand. They say they are both helpful for weight loss, although obviously in order for that to be the case, their have to be other significant behavior modifications.

Anecdotally, they make me feel better, help to avoid colds, etc. I recommend you try adding either or both (on alternate days) of these to your morning regimen; you will be pleased with the result.

1 comment:

MaryHelen Ferris said...

Stan Schulz is this hour's inspirational person. Thank you Stan for being a wonderful mentor over lifetimes. #granniegram is your fan.